BIBLIOGRAFIA carotenoidi e attivita' antiossidante
CAROTENOIDI E ATTIVITA' ANTIOSSIDANTE
• Chichili GR, Nohr D, Frank J, Flaccus A, Fraser PD, Enfissi EM, Biesalski HK. Protective effects of tomato extract with elevated beta-carotene levels on oxidative stress in ARPE-19 cells. Br J Nutr. 2006 Oct;96(4):643-9.
• Collins JK, Arjmandi BH, Claypool PL, Perkins-Veazie P, Baker RA, Clevidence BA. Lycopene from two food sources does not affect antioxidant or cholesterol status of middle-aged adults. Nutr J. 2004 Sep 15;3:15.
• Dunstan JA, Breckler L, Hale J, Lehmann H, Franklin P, Lyons G, Ching SY, Mori TA, Barden A, Prescott SL. Supplementation with vitamins C, E, beta-carotene and selenium has no effect on anti-oxidant status and immune responses in allergic adults: a randomized controlled trial. Clin Exp Allergy. 2007 Feb;37(2):180-7.
• Heber D, Lu QY. Overview of mechanisms of action of lycopene. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2002 Nov;227(10):920-3.
• Kim Y, Lian F, Yeum KJ, Chongviriyaphan N, Choi SW, Russell RM, Wang XD. The effects of combined antioxidant (beta-carotene, alpha-tocopherol and ascorbic acid) supplementation on antioxidant capacity, DNA single-strand breaks and levels of insulin-like growth factor-1/IGF-binding protein 3 in the ferret model of lung cancer. Int J Cancer. 2007 May 1;120(9):1847-54.
• Palombo P, Fabrizi G, Ruocco V, Ruocco E, Fluhr J, Roberts R, Morganti P. Beneficial Long-Term Effects of Combined Oral/Topical Antioxidant Treatment with the Carotenoids Lutein and Zeaxanthin on Human Skin: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2007 Apr 19;20(4):199-210
• Rao AV. Lycopene, tomatoes, and the prevention of coronary heart disease. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2002 Nov;227(10):908-13.
• Santocono M, Zurria M, Berrettini M, Fedeli D, Falcioni G. Lutein, zeaxanthin and astaxanthin protect against DNA damage in SK-N-SH human neuroblastoma cells induced by reactive nitrogen species. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2007 May 1
• Sarraga C, Carreras I, Garcia Regueiro JA, Guardia MD, Guerrero L. Effects of alpha-tocopheryl acetate and beta-carotene dietary supplementation on the antioxidant enzymes, TBARS and sensory attributes of turkey meat. Br Poult Sci. 2006 Dec;47(6):700-7.
• Valtuena S, Del Rio D, Pellegrini N, Ardigo D, Franzini L, Salvatore S, Piatti PM, Riso P, Zavaroni I, Brighenti F. The total antioxidant capacity of the diet is an independent predictor of plasma beta-carotene. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2007 Jan;61(1):69-76.
• Veda S, Kamath A, Platel K, Begum K, Srinivasan K. Determination of bioaccessibility of beta-carotene in vegetables by in vitro methods. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2006 Nov;50(11):1047-52.
• Waters D, Clark RM, Greene CM, Contois JH, Fernandez ML. Change in plasma lutein after egg consumption is positively associated with plasma cholesterol and lipoprotein size but negatively correlated with body size in postmenopausal women. J Nutr. 2007 Apr;137(4):959-63.
• Weisburger JH. Lycopene and tomato products in health promotion. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2002 Nov; 227(10): 924-7.